What to see at the Perth International Boat Show
The Perth International Boat Show kicks off this long weekend, from Friday 22 September until Monday 24 September.
It’s new home is the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre in Elizabeth Quay, just a stone’s throw from the Swan River.
The event is touted as being bigger and better than any other to date, with organisers building a long walkway over the water, so punters can easily check out the action on the Quay.
Director Peter Woods told mysailing.com.au that he hopes the visitors will be “wowed” by the revamped event.
“We have a full schedule of activity to watch and get involved in, including sailing, kayaking, fishing, water skiing and boat rides,” he said.
What to see and do
Weather isn’t expected to be great, but luckily there is plenty to see inside the convention centre too – like water ski boats, special guest talks and presentations by boating and fishing experts.
Highlights include the Sunseeker, a 75 foot luxury super yacht worth a cool $5 million and The Solliner – a solar powered catamaran made by Green Dream Boats in Poland and imported to WA by Solar Boats.
Other highlights include:
- The latest Multi Award Winning Naiad Sportfish by Kirby Marine.
- The WA release of the 5400 Sport Yacht and 525 SUV by Riviera.
- New Whitehaven Motor Yachts displayed by Martin Box Marine.
- The latest MY 37 power catamaran displayed by Multihull Solutions.
- The S43 Sports Cruiser displayed by Maritimo.
- Frontier boats, Freestyler boats and the latest 570 Fishabout displayed by Aquasports Marine.
- The Zodiac Pro 5.5 and Pro 7 will be displayed by West Ribs (the first time in Australia!).
Special guests to check out
There are plenty of celebrity chefs, anglers and boating experts at the show. Our favourites include:
- Paul Worsteling from iFish – who will talk fishing on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Footy guy Mark LeCras – taking time out to talk about his other passion, fishing.
- Emma George – sharing her angling advice and incredible stories.
- The Engel Aquatank Fishing Stage – with a panel of entertaining presenters offering expert advice for anglers.
- Celebrity Chef Bart Beek and WA legend Josh Catalano – with practical tips for cooking seafood.
Tickets and further info
For the full program and ticketing info, head here.
If you’re looking to cover your boat, talk to us about securing comprehensive insurance that saves you more. We offer obligation free quotes, and can even review your existing cover to make sure you are saving as much as possible.