How do I make a claim with Trident Marine Insurance?
Should a situation arise where you need to make a claim, our emergency assistance service is on call 24/7. Our experienced claims team will be able to offer you immediate assistance and advice at this most critical time. Trident’s capacity to efficiently manage claims reflects our ongoing commitment to customer care.
Trident’s top tips for making a claim.
- Do what needs to be done to minimise any further loss
- Contact the police if the event involves theft, attempted theft, malicious damage or impact
- Call us on 1300 307 101
- You may need to lodge a form with your local transport authority or equivalent. Trident recommends you talk to them directly regarding any such requirements.
You must never, without consent:
- Admit guilt, fault or liability (except where required by law)
- Offer or negotiate to pay a claim
- Approve any repairs or arrange replacements (other than emergency repairs necessary to minimise or prevent further loss or damage)
What happens next?
To ensure your claim can be processed as quickly as possible, our team will generally need the following:
- Completion of our claims form – Boat Insurance Claim Form
- A quotation to repair the damage sustained or replacement of any goods stolen or unable to be repaired economically.
- Where theft or malicious damage is involved in the claim, proof of ownership for the items claimed plus details of the police report/case number will be required.
- Where claims have been brought against you for incidents third parties deem you responsible for (i.e. legal liability claims) please attach details of all demands received. Again never admit guilt, fault or liability.
For full details of claims responsibilities and our commitment to you, please refer to the Policy Wording: