How do I make a claim with Trident Marine Insurance?
Should a situation arise where you need to make a claim, our emergency assistance service is on call 24/7. Our experienced claims team will be able to offer you immediate assistance and advice at this most critical time. Trident’s capacity to efficiently manage claims reflects our ongoing commitment to customer care.
Trident’s top tips for making a claim.
- Do what needs to be done to minimise any further loss
- Contact the police if the event involves theft, attempted theft, malicious damage or impact
- Call us on 1300 307 101
- You may need to lodge a form with your local transport authority or equivalent. Trident recommends you talk to them directly regarding any such requirements.
You must never, without consent:
- Admit guilt, fault or liability (except where required by law)
- Offer or negotiate to pay a claim
- Approve any repairs or arrange replacements (other than emergency repairs necessary to minimise or prevent further loss or damage)
What happens next?
To ensure your claim can be processed as quickly as possible, our team will generally need the following:
- Completion of our claims form – Boat Insurance Claim Form
- A quotation to repair the damage sustained or replacement of any goods stolen or unable to be repaired economically.
- Where theft or malicious damage is involved in the claim, proof of ownership for the items claimed plus details of the police report/case number will be required.
- Where claims have been brought against you for incidents third parties deem you responsible for (i.e. legal liability claims) please attach details of all demands received. Again never admit guilt, fault or liability.
For full details of claims responsibilities and our commitment to you, please refer to the Policy Wording:
Trident’s Complaints Process
We understand that occasionally some customers do not agree with a decision we make in connection with a claim settlement.
- Contact us and tell us about your complaint. We will do our best to resolve it quickly.
- If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved within 10 days, please contact Stephanie Muller on (08) 9202 8000 or put your complaint in writing and send it to her at the Trident Insurance Group Pty Ltd address noted on this website. We will try and resolve your complaint quickly and fairly.
- All Underwriters used by our office are members of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). If your complaint cannot be resolved to your satisfaction by us you have the right to refer the matter to the AFCA. The AFCA can be contacted at;
Street Address: Australian Financial Complaints Authority, Level 12, 717 Bourke Street, Docklands 3008
Mailing Address: Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001
Ph – 1800 931 678
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.afca.org.au
- If you have a complaint about a policy that we arranged under a binder that can’t be resolved to your satisfaction by us you have the right to refer the matter to:
Lloyd’s Underwriters’ General Representative in Australia
Suite 2, Level 21, Angel Place, 123 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Phone No: (02) 9223 1433 Fax No: (02) 9223 1466
at no cost to you.
If your dispute remains unresolved you may be referred to AFCA under the terms of the General Insurance Code of Practice. For other disputes you will be referred to other proceedings for resolution. Details are available from Lloyd’s Underwriters’ General Representative in Australia at the address above.